Spend Plan reports rely on the Swift Data Warehouse. Instructions on set-up for running reports are the same as for Crystal Reports and can be found on the SWIFT website in the Data Warehouse Crystal Reports Supporting Documents section
. This access database is designed specifically for Spend Plan BFY 2016. Access Reports can be run with Access 2007 or greater. Contact your Executive Budget Officer (EBO) or Chris Johnson at 651-201-8176 if you have any questions.
Save the access database to your desktop or another folder or open the database from the saved destination. The compensation report will not work unless the database is saved. The other reports will work without saving the database.
Access Database Download for Spend Plan Certification Reports (link to database)
1) Program Structure Report - This report displays SWIFT's programmatic structure. Appropriations are listed by program and budget activity. Please confirm this structure is accurate. If you have changes, please contact your EBO. Effective dates for AppropID, Program, and Activity are provided to identify changes (or new set-up) that may have occurred.
2) Appropriation Overview - This report summarizes appropriation ledger and allotted amounts totaled by fund for an agency.
3) Appropriation Detail - This report identifies additional appropriation attributes and amount categories not found on the Overview Report. (ie. LLBC code, Budget Program, Budget Activity, Budget Status, Second Legal Cite, FinDeptID, Payroll vs NonPayroll Allotted and Expended Amounts. Report also has Fund Totals.
4) Revenue Budgets - This report shows dedicated and non-dedicated revenue budgets by program, fund, appropriation and account for the new fiscal year as well as two previous fiscal years. A difference column compares Budgeted to Actual.
5) Compensation Analysis - This report compares compensation budgets in SWIFT to the current salary projections in SEMA4. (Report is grouped by Program, Activity, Fund, Appropriation) If there are large variances between SWIFT budgets and SEMA4 projections, an agency must be prepared to explain differences.
6) Negative Approps - Report that identifies Appropriations that are in a deficit cash balance by BFY, Fund, and for all years prior to and including selected year. These appropriations must be corrected.
Resources - Full Hyperlink URLs
Link to instructions for setting up running reports:
Link to MS Access database for Spend Plan Certification Reports: http://mn.gov/mmb-stat/documents/swift/crystalreports/spendplan/fy-17-spend-plan-dbase.accdb