March 16, 2015 - The Administrative Law Judge concludes that Minnesota Power has satisfied the criteria set forth under Minnesota law for a Certificate of Need for the Great Northern Transmission Line. Therefore, the Administrative Law Judge respectfully recommends the Commission GRANT Minnesota Power’s Application for a Certificate of Need, subject to the conditions set forth below.
March 13, 2015 - The Administrative Law Judge concludes that the Department has not proven by a preponderance of the evidence that Appellant violated Minn. Stat. § 84D.05, subd. 1. Therefore, the Administrative Law Judge recommends that the commissioner of the Department (Commissioner) rescind the citation and the $500 civil penalty issued to Appellant.
March 13, 2015 - The Administrative Law Judge concludes that Appellant violated Minn. Stat. § 84.9256, subd. 1(a), and that a civil penalty of $100 is appropriate. Therefore, the Administrative Law Judge recommends that the commissioner of the Department (Commissioner) affirm the citation and $100 civil penalty issued to Appellant.
March 12, 2015 - 1. The Department has the statutory authority to adopt the rules.
2. The rules were adopted in compliance with the procedural requirements of Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 14, and Minnesota Rules, Chapter 1400 (2014).
3. The record demonstrates the rules are needed and reasonable.
4. The rules are APPROVED.
March 02, 2015 - The Commission has directed that an evidentiary record be established on DEA’s petition, and the following issues be addressed:1
1. Is the test year revenue increase sought by DEA reasonable or will it result in unreasonable and excessive earnings by DEA?
2. Is the rate design proposed by DEA reasonable?
3. Are DEA’s proposed capital structure, cost of capital, and return on equity reasonable?
March 02, 2015 - The Annual Hearing has two key purposes. First, it is intended to advise the public of matters relating to the siting of large electric power generating plants and the routing of high voltage transmission lines. Second, the annual hearing affords interested persons an opportunity to be heard regarding the Commission’s activities, duties, and policies under the Power Plant Siting Act (PPSA)1 and the Commission’s Power Plant and Transmission Line Siting Rules.