Minnesota Support Our Troops License Plate
Drive home your support for Minnesota Military members, Veterans and their families by purchasing a Support our Troops (SOT) license plate for your car or motorcycle.
The Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs, together with the Minnesota Department of Military Affairs, will use your annual minimum contribution of $30 for the betterment of military families and homeless and underserved Veterans around the state.
Deployments and military service can put a strain on families, finances and health. Here's how your donation helps Minnesota military, Veterans and families:
- Benefits CORE, which provides family counseling, with specialty services available for children; financial counseling, debt management and mental health counseling.
- Emergency financial assistance
- Grants through Support our Troops program
- Helping Homeless Veterans secure shelter and access to benefits
- Outreach to diverse communities across Minnesota, helping provide Veterans with access to the benefits they have earned
- Community seminars on health conditions associated with military service
To purchase SOT plates, visit your local DMV office or call (651) 4Troops (487-6677).
SOT plates are also available from dealerships! Be sure to ask about SOT plates when you purchase your next new or used vehicle.