Current or former military members, no matter the era of service, receive priority services in all WorkForce Centers across the state and can be assisted by specially trained veterans employment representatives.
Veterans employment representatives can help you if you have been discharged or left active duty in the last three years; have significant challenges finding or keeping a job; or have a service-connected disability. They work one-on-one with you to provide services custom-tailored to meet your individual needs.
Services typically include such things as:
- Help with developing or polishing resumes and cover letters
- General job search guidance
- Information on licensure, certification and apprenticeships
- Explaining employment benefits, rights and preferences for veterans
- Direct referrals to job openings
- Referrals to other state and federal agencies for additional services
To find a veterans employment representative near you, download this list.