Responsibilities of Official Exhibition Veterinarians
The official veterinarian of an exhibition shall:
- Approve the cleaning and disinfection of the exhibition premises prior to the exhibition and during the exhibition if livestock are released and new livestock are brought to the exhibition premises.
- Inspect all livestock on the day admitted to the exhibition.
- Refuse admission of livestock showing clinical signs of any infectious, contagious, or communicable disease, or of livestock not meeting the exhibition entrance requirements.
- Maintain ear tagging records.
- Inspect all livestock at least once daily during the exhibition.
- Order the immediate removal to the quarantine facility or removal from the exhibition premises of any livestock with clinical signs of infectious, contagious, or communicable disease.
- Conduct any necessary tests.
- Submit to the board a list of any animals that were quarantined or removed from the exhibition because of infectious, contagious, or communicable disease.